Search for products
Browse our products
- Top sellers
- Lifestyles & Landscapes
- Transport Heritage
- Archive Anglia TV
- Wartime Years
- Greetings Cards
- Home >
- Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
- How can I sign up to your email newsletter?
We regularly send newsletters by email to our customers, keeping you up-to-date with new releases and offering special discounts. If you would like to receive this newsletter, sign up using your name and email address in the left hand column of the homepage.
If you change your mind later, you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- How do I search for a product?
You can search for a product using categories or the Search box. You'll find the category list down the left hand side of the website. If you know you're interested in DVDs about Norfolk, for example, just click on Norfolk and you'll see all the DVDs available about that area.
You can also type a word into the Search box, which you will find on the top left of the screen. If you know the name of the product you want, you can type it into this box and the website will find it for you.
Once you've found what you want, just click the green ADD TO BASKET button. You can then continue browsing, or click checkout to enter your payment details and make your purchase.
- Do you have a catalogue?
We're always releasing new DVD titles so our website will be the most up-to-date source of information about our DVDs. We can send you a leaflet by post if you prefer, just give us a call on 0844 556 3501.
If you're worried about buying online, please be assured that we take online security very seriously and your data and card details are secure throughout the process.
- Can you tell me more about the film included in your DVDs?
Because we make our DVDs using original archive film, there are often large numbers of clips in every documentary. We give you as much detail as possible on the Product pages of our website. Unfortunately, we can't answer very specific questions about the DVDs' content.
- Do you have a shop?
Timereel is an online store so you can order DVDs at any time, for delivery direct to your door. We do not have a physical shop, nor can we handle cash or card purchases at our office. If you would like to know of any stockists in your area, please call us on 0844 556 3501.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Timereel can accept payment by all major credit cards (Visa/Mastercard/Maestro/AmEx) or by PayPal.
All transactions will be made in Sterling.
If you would like to pay by personal cheque, you can place your order by mail. Just write to us with your name and address and the names of the DVDs you'd like to order. Please make your cheque payable to 'TIMEREEL' and send to us at:
3 The Close
- Can you deliver to a work address?
Yes, we can deliver to business addresses. However, you will need to be sure that you use the address that your card is registered to as your invoice address or your card payment will not be authorised.
- Can I change or cancel an order once it is placed?
- What is Mastercard SecureCode/Verified by Visa?
Mastercard SecureCode and Verified by Visa is an additional layer of security provided by your card supplier for online transactions. For more information on these security schemes, please visit:
Verified by Visa
- Is it safe to order online?
- When will I be charged?
- I can't view the video clips.
- How can I change the details in my account?
- I've forgotten my password.
Just click on '***' and your password will be emailed to you.
- My payment has been declined.
- I can't sign in to my account.
- Has my order been dispatched?
- The DVD I received is faulty/damaged.
- International Delivery
- An item is missing from my order or I have received an incorrect item.
- How do I return a DVD to you?
- Do I need to create an account to buy from you?
- I have a discount code. How do I use it?
- The DVD I received will not play properly.
1. Is your machine set to Auto or PAL? PAL (UK/Australia) format discs will not generally play on NTSC machines, but the majority of PAL machines will play NTSC discs, particularly if they are Region 0 (all our discs are Region 0).
If an NTSC disc will not play in your PAL player, consult your DVD manual to set up the machine from PAL mode to AUTO.
If you have a computer with a DVD drive, then all our discs will be compatible (ie PAL discs will play in North American computers)
2. Please check the condition of the disc. If the DVD is loose in its box the playing surface may have become scratched.
3. Avoid touching the playing surface with your fingers – fingerprints can cause the disc to stop playing. Always hold the disc by its edge and/or by inserting your finger into the centre hole. If you need to clean the disc, please wipe gently with a lint-free cloth from the centre of the disc to the edge.
4. If the disc does not play, eject the disc, turn off your machine, wait 30 seconds, then turn on and insert the disc again. If this doesn’t improve matters, remove the disc, unplug your machine, wait for a minute, and try again.
5. Some DVD recorders, particularly Panasonic Recorders, can be fussy with certain discs. Please test the disc in a different make of machine (or computer DVD drive).
6. Your DVD player, especially if it is more than a year old, may require its laser lens to be cleaned. You can purchase DVD lens cleaners from your local dealer or the internet. They take the form of a DVD disc with a fine brush attachment which cleans the lens as it plays. They are simple to use and come with complete operating instructions.
7. If you still have problems, please return the disc and we will send you a replacement. Let us know the problem you had and the make and model of the machine in question. Further information about your DVD player may be available from the manufacturer or the internet.
- Will your DVDs play in other countries?
All our DVDs are Region 0 and will work on all PAL DVD players (UK/Ireland/Australia). USA DVD players use NTSC format so our DVDs will only play on PCs in the US.
- I have a customer service query.
If you need to contact us regarding a customer service query, please click on 'Contact Us' and send us an email. You can also call us on 0844 556 3501.
Please note that emails/telephone calls will only be picked up during office hours (9am-5pm Monday to Friday). If you're calling outside of these hours, please leave us a message. We will deal with your enquiry as soon as possible.
- I'm a Trade customer interested in stocking your DVDs in my shop.
If you would like to stock our DVD range, please contact us on 0844 556 3501 and we will refer you to our sales team.